Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wednesday, 27th. September 2006



This was a so-called rest day. The day started quite slowly. We didn’t have rice for breakfast. That was a blessing. Lunch came too and it was a noodle soup.
Then we went to visit a children’s home in one of the villages and then went to visit the venue where the meetings place.
I was very surprised to see a vase very similar to one my grandmother hat. My friends assured me that it probably came from China.
After that were went to the Chitwan National Park, to take an elephant safari.
I think I probably rode an elephant as a small box, but can’t remember properly.
Anyway we got into a box on top of the elephant. This didn’t seem to be secure. At one point, I thought we were going to slip off. In the end, we had to get off again and the elephant msn tightened the huge saddle, then things were better.
We proceeded into the real jungle. This was incredible. I thought we were just going for a walk, but we were actually looking for other wildlife. We found some too - a rhino. I had only seen these animals in the zoo. It was amazing. Later we saw a pair of rhino and later some deer. It was said that some 100 Tigers live in that area too. I think I was glad that we didn’t have any such encounters.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger