Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Thursday, 28th September 2006



The youth conference starts.
On the journey to the venue -it took us an hour- I could see the Himalayas above, far above, what I suppose are the Chitwan Highlands. There is a sense of grandeur about those mountains.
At the conference itself about 350 young people gathered.
The time of worship was very good. I preached with quite a lot of freedom about the glory being restored. I don’t know whether they understood me. As I spoke about applying the blood to obtain forgiveness and through words of knowledge, I mentioned certain things that had to be forgiven. There was a minor breakthrough among the girls as I openly mentioned abuse. The Nepali society is a secret one in which many things is not mentioned.
My afternoon session was a little tiring. I spoke about the baptism in the Spirit. I suppose about 40-50 people came to the front.
After this they had a talent show which the young people really enjoyed.
I was so tired. I went outside and sat down in the shade. I got into a conversation with a man, who it turned out was a Tibetan. He used to be a Buddhist. Now he is working with some people in the hills. If I understood properly, he works among two very primitive tribes.
He had a friend with him who had been a Maoist. This man had a very dramatic testimony of how he was converted.
Although some of the Maoists have become Christians, a number of Christians, including pastors have become Maoists. Many pastors have little education and have been deluded into thinking that Mau-philosophy is an extension of the gospel. 80% of all pastors have had no formal training. Although I don’t see this as absolutely necessary - no trainingg at all is a disaster.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger