Monday, October 02, 2006

Saturday, 16th September 2006

The journey from the hotel to the airport was very fast and uneventful.
The scenery was quite interesting. It was very modern and clean, but here and there were patches of undeveloped land that looked very scruffy.
Mountains on the one side mountains suddenly change to what must be the coastal plane.
The flight to Kathmandu took three and a half hours. The aeroplane was late and it took half an hour to get my visa. I thought then that I just needed to pick up my case and go. It took another hour until it came through! I am learning patience.
To my horror, I discovered that Beki had been waiting since 9 o’clock in the morning. I had given him the wrong time.
I’ve been given a very nice place to live in a family. They have two children, boy and girl. The husband is from Nepal and his wife is from Mexico.

I wanted to have a shower at about 7pm. I unpacked my case and hung some stuff up, then I lay down on the bed. I remember thinking that the house was quite noisy; people was chatting and moving around. There are cars and motorbikes passing busily the front of the house. The next thing I knew it was 10.30!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger