Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sunday, 17th September 2006


Today was a rest day. I was to rest from the long journey. Actually, I was surprised how fit I was.
After lunch Beki came to visit and we talked about the seminar and my stay in Nepal.
Beki told me that he had been to the USA. He had worked and done some evangelism among Nepali immigrants. To the surprise of everyone, Beki returned to Nepal.
In the evening we met an interesting couple, Todd and Helen. They are US missionaries. The have been busy doing research about Nepal. Although they said that their results weren’t accurate -more a good educated guess- they had come to the conclusion that there were a lot less Christians in Nepal than estimated. Their study shows that there are between 200 and 250,000 Christians in the country.
Kathmandu has 330 churches, which is above my knowledge.
They are very pessimistic about the political Situation in the country. They believe the peace agreement, will break in 3-4 weeks. Eventually the Maoists will take over the government.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger