Monday, October 02, 2006

Friday, 15th September 2006

I left home at 4.55am. I needed to get a train from Heilbronn at 5.49am. Sarah starts work at 6am at the hospital and so dropped me off at the station.
I was in plenty of time, which was an unusual feeling!
Arriving at terminal 2 in Frankfurt, I realised that I had made a mistake - my flight wasn’t until 11,30am and I had thought it was 10,30! Still it turned out that I wasn’t too early. It took me 30 minutes to get through security (still 15mins shorter than Stansted, last week).
The aeroplane took off about 45 minutes late.
I haven’t been on Gulf Air for a while. The food is much better than Emirates! The toilets are much roomier. I think there is just a little more legroom too. BUT the in-flight entertainment is terrible!
We landed at about 6,40pm in Bahrain. We didn’t get off the plane but waited for new passengers to get on board before flying on to Muscat.
In the end, we waited for an hour before leaving Bahrain. I got off the plane quickly and went to immigration. Alas, I got into the wrong queue! By the time I got into the right one, it was a long one and a very slow one.
After paying for my visa and getting my passport stamped about 90 minutes had elapsed.
The bit I was worried about -getting a taxi- was very easy and the hotel turned out to be only 10 minutes away.
The room was large clean and comfortable.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger