Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Tiling is all but Finished




Well, we're almost finished!
The tiles have nearly all been stuck to the floor. They aren't all straight but much better than I expected! In the background, you can see the wall that I built too. I must say, I'll glad its finished!
Actually were aren't finished, we have still got to put the grouting in. As I am leaving for Nepal on Friday morning, my sons will finish things off for me. We doing all this because of the new heating system that we are going to have installed. That should be more economic than the one that we have now. It will burn oil much more economically but because we also have the possiblity to burn wood, which we can get at a very low cost, this should make heating quite cheap. We will also have a solar collector put on the roof which, in Summer at least, will provide us with hot water.
With the price of oil being what it is and the liklihood of it not going cheaper, we can't really afford not the change the heating.
Of course we have to pay for the new system.
Good news came for the heating engineer this morning. He can't start until the 25th! That give us another week which will allow the glue to be completly dry before the grouting starts.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger