Saturday, September 09, 2006

Its my birthday tomorrow!


That's actually Joey, one of our grandchildren. His birthday was the last one in the family. He's just gone two years old.
So I'll be 54 tomorrow. I don't think I'm that old, but do have many aches and pains.
There is a lot of movement in the house today as we are having a lot of guests here tomorrow. I think 27 people will be with us for lunch. We managed to get a pig during the week. Sadly the animal was still alive this time last week.
Who knows how many more birthdays we will have? It good to celebrate and look back but its important that we remember the rest of our lives is in front of us. Whatever has happened win the past cannot be changed but we can influence our future. "Don't be a prisoner of your past but be a pioneer of your future."
I hope to make the most of the rest of my life. I am doing that by trying to serve God as best as I can and as best as I know how.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger