Thursday, January 08, 2009

2009

So the new year has arrived.
It seems that this year it has come with such force. I spent New Year's Eve in bed with flu and since recovering have been working on my office. Actually although we have worked very fast, time has been lost on other things.
Tomorrow I am leaving for Africa and have not yet really had time to prepare myself.
Among the other things that I have to do today, I'll have to take care of that.

What's on this year?
I'm flying to Uganda tomorrow and will do some ministry in a network of churches there. With help from Germany, they have build a clinic in Kigali, Ruanda. A clinic? Well, a building, but during the next couple of weeks the clinic will get its inventory and soon it will be able to start. It will serve around 30,000 people in an area where there is no free medicine.
We also support a Street Children's Ministry "Chosen Generation" in Kampala and I will be paying that insttition a visit too.
I'll be visiting a farm in Kisumu, Kenya, that a ministry I am involoved in runs. I will also be going to see friends in Meru, near Mt Kenya. We have helped these people numerous times as they reach out to Kenyans. There last time was a year ago after the riots in Kenya that cause so many deaths and destruction.

We continue to work in Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, Nepal and the Philippines.
This year will be very full.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger