Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Latest

So what's been happening?
I just about got over the seminar "Mission among the poor" and flew to Cyprus. I flew together with a friend, John Jupe, who lives in Brussels.
We flew with Lufthansa. I was quite surprised that the service was much better than I remember it being.
John got into a conversation with the person sitting next to him. He was a young officer in the Swedish army. At one point in the conversation after John had asked him, if he was a Christian and had he read the bible and did he know that he was going to hell etc (actually he didn't do it like that, he was very skillful!). Anyway at one point in the conversation, he asked him, if he could guess what he did for a living. He then said, I do the same thing as Bob and pointed to me.
The young officer ran a trained eye over my athletic body and made a guess, "He probably has a sitting down job." he said. Nevermind.
I tried to practice my skill as an aeroplane evangelist, but my neighbour just shrugged his shoulders saying that he didn't understand me as he was Russian. So, I nodded off.

We had a good time in Cyprus and have organised a school of leadership in Limossol and possibly in Nicosia for next year.
I let John preach in the Sri Lankan church. Actually, they said I could go somewhere else as they had already heard me before.
So I went off to the Philippino church, was was excellent.

The journey back home was quite tiring as we journeyed through the night.
Back in Germany, I had a meeting with some people on Monday afternoon to talk about a street children ministry in Uganda.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger