Sunday, April 05, 2009

Feedback: Pakistan


For about a week last November I went to Pakistan. This was my first time in that country. I was very surprised at the zeal of the Christian I met. They were very lively.
The people who I had the privilege to address were very open and very hungry for God's word. There was a lot of prophecy and God met a number of the people personally. I prayed also with a number of people for healing and was at first quite happy with the results.
However towards the end of my stay, people started coming who were in great need. Blind people wanted prayer for healing. Although I did pray for them, I am not at all sure that anything happened.
This opens a great debate about the question of why some are healed and some aren't. Why I rejoice over the healings that did happen, I was disappointed and in fact discouraged because of the failed healings.
I mean some of the people were desperate.
I left Pakistan and went to Sri Lanka.
I had a dull feeling inside of me that I had actually failed in Pakistan, although at the same time I knew that I could do nothing about it.
Last night - some months later, I had a talk to a friend who had just visited the same people I had. He was enthusiastic and reported to me that many -many more than I had personally witnessed- had been healed physically during my visit. This news really lifted my spirit.
I am learning to trust God more and more.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger